Monday, January 11, 2010

sewing.




one of my ultra lovely christmas gifts this year from mom and daddy was a sewing machine. my mom and dad kept saying that they were so excited because daddy had come up with a fabulous gift for me. this is really funny because dad is not the most creative in the gift department. even though he has lived with all women for years, he typically left the gift buying up to mom.
anyway, he did good this year and i love my machine. i haven't taken lessons yet, i just went to a quick overview to learn how to use my machine.
all i know is that sewing is something that i always thought was super hard and intimidating, and even though i don't consider myself an expert.... i must say my panels and shams turned out just as i wanted them to.
i told jess that a monkey could sew if they had the right machine :)
point is... if you think you need a new hobby and are interested in sewing, go get a machine, a quick lesson, some fabric and thread and you'll be amazed at what you can do!
hope everyone has a fabulous week!
slg

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

LOVE the curtains and shams!! Great job!! I've always felt intimidated about sewing myself. The only thing I can sew is a button or stitch a small hole - thats pretty much it. But this makes me want to sew. I have a older sewing machine of my Mom's - but that may not work as well as the new ones that are out these days. But maybe I'll give it a try.

Have fun with other things you end up sewing. =)

quite contrary said...

wow, those are amazing! Love them! I want a sewing machine!

Jennifer T said...

whoa!! i am very impressed! i absolutely love those panels! great job :)

Jennimac said...

Great, great job!!!!

The Deacons said...

Yay Sar! They look great! I'm so impressed. Love the new comforter as well. :)

Mimi and Pops said...

"Santa" brings my baby a sewing machine and look at the fabulous items she can create!!!! "Santa" also did well with the new comforter! I am ready for new porch pillows for the summer. Let the sewing begin!
Love you Sheera!
Mommy

In This Wonderful Life said...

GREAT JOB!!!!!! I've been so wanting to learn how!! I need to keep my eye out for a machine!! I want to get one that monograms too..I don't know if there is one that does both or not.. What is yours? I suppose you like it quite well??