Monday, November 29, 2010
Sunday, November 7, 2010
TCBY is making significant progress. They are building away. We can't wait to have our store open. This keeps us (Jared) really busy.
As you can see, his name is Bennett. His full name is
Bennett William Greer
We will call him Bennett, and hope that it sticks, but if it is shortened to Ben, that is really cute too :) We had about three names that we had decided on for him and we kept going back and forth. I looked up the meaning/origin of the names that were left on the table and that made the decision for us. His name is English and means "Little Blessed One." I love it and I think it will be a great name at all ages.
Here he is in the last ultrasound pic that we had.
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Last Thursday, we found out that our sweet baby is a BOY! I never had a really strong feeling as to if it was a boy or a girl, I always went back and forth. It does feel weird to know!!! All of the sudden things are so different than they were when we didn't know what the baby was. Now when I internet shop, I can click on "baby boy" :) and I can picture myself down the road having a son and it feels wonderful. We couldn't be happier with what God has given us. I hope he is exactly 50% like his momma and 50% like his daddy.
We also had a doctors apt since my last post and everything is going great. I am feeling awesome and doing really good. The only thing that is hard to deal with is heartburn, but nothing that a couple Tums won't cure :)
I feel him kicking me a lot these days. I started feeling him move at 16 or 17 weeks, and now he is pretty active. I love it.
Here is a pic of the most beautiful face I have ever seen :)
I will write more soon!
Sunday, September 5, 2010
I am a bit over 16 weeks pregnant. I feel great compared to the first 13 weeks. I can hardly fit into any clothes. I finally broke down and went to get some "maternity clothes" last week with my mom. Nothing fit me and NOTHING looked remotely cute. I decided that I will just buy normal clothes in a bigger size and that will work for the time being.
We went to the doctor last week and baby Greer was doing great. I always get a tad nervous going in... and then I feel happy and relieved when we hear the heartbeat. As soon as he put the doppler on my belly we heard that little heart ticking away at 155. This little one has always had a high heartbeat, meaning either: girl or high strung like it's momma and daddy.
We go back this Thursday for an ultrasound. I've had some cramping and pressure throughout the entire pregnancy, sometimes more than others and he wants to check my cervix to make sure everything is how its supposed to be. If it is, then we carry on, literally. If not, there is a procedure that they can do that would allow it to remain closed until the end of the pregnancy. I have a feeling that everything is A-OK, but I am so thankful that we will double check. ALSO, we will take a peek to see if this little one is a baby girl or boy. I have gone back and forth on this.. some weeks I feel like it's for sure a boy, then a girl, then boy, and so on. It's like the doctor said... its a 50.4% chance its a boy and 49.6% chance its a girl. Now where's the fun in that?! All this time I thought the Drano test, Chinese gender chart, and ring test were the real deal ;)
Everyone always asks if we want a boy or a girl and of course the correct answer is "we dont care, as long as its healthy" and I have found that its not just the politically correct answer, its how you really feel at this point. Would I love a little mini-me that is a prissy, curly blond haired, mess like I was? Of course. But, I would also love a little blue eyed, blond haired, smocked wearing, mini jared just as much. We will be forever blessed and thankful for this baby, regardless of if its a little jar or sar :)
I will keep everyone posted on what we find out this week and I will post pics soon of this growing belly.
Hope you all have a great Labor Day!
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Monday, April 26, 2010
Jared and I have wanted to own a franchise for a long time..... We both love TCBY. He worked there in High School and I went there a zillion times as a kid (before the one here closed down).
One night last Fall, we heard of THE GREAT TCBY STORE GIVEAWAY. The prize is a valued at $312,000 and includes everything we would need for our franchise... and then some. We decided to go for it and make a two minute video and enter the contest. We recently found out that we are top 10 semi-finalists. This is a nation wide competition. The public will vote from today-May 10 and narrow the semi-finalists to 5, and then TCBY will pick the winner. We need YOUR VOTE!!! Please follow the directions below! We would really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday, February 5, 2010
here are some lovely looks that are great for workin in the winter. i spend a lot of time getting in and out of the car in my job... most days i put on my trench coat over my clothes and keep it on all day. i figure i could just wear that and probably no one would notice :) just kidding. i love those wrap dresses, very flattering and versatile.
my other favorite boy is also pictured below. we had so much fun 'snowed in' together. we are together almost all of the time anyway, but it was still fun to be at the house together for a couple days straight. i love that boy and thank God for him everyday.
(my daddy would be my other favorite boy, cant leave him out!!)
jared and i are heading to little rock tomorrow for a dinner in honor of anna and drew. their wedding is quickly approaching, 2 months!! steph and jimbo's is less than 3 months!! if you need me for a weekend, call me after may 1 and i'll be available.... every weekend til then is booked :) i am busy keeping up with my extra curricular activities and my bestie's wedding festivities.... and loving every second of it!
oh, and we are going to mexico in a couple weeks! between the bikini-in-february issue and my matron of honor dress not fitting... i am also not available to eat until may 1. just kidding! i have actually been very disciplined and exercised a ton lately... feelin good!
have a lovely weekend!
Sunday, January 17, 2010
these cutie swimsuits are from j. crew and old navy. i purchased the first black ruffly one and it is cute.. but small!! if you order it from old navy (they don't have it in the store), order a size above what you normally wear.
as i just typed that... i wondered, sh**, maybe it's just that i am a size bigger than i was last year and the suit it true to size. hmmm.
speaking of. i have 37 days to get that swimsuit to go from not enough coverage to full coverage and since the swimsuit isn't going to grow... i need to shrink!
jared and i booked a getaway to mexico in february and i can hardly wait!
hope everyone has a lovely week. i am off for MLK day tomorrow for the first time ever! love this company!
Monday, January 11, 2010
Monday, January 4, 2010
one thing i want to start doing more this year is having a date night with jared. sure, in the past, we have had tons of date nights and we have even had a day declared as that each week from time to time. this year, i want to try out new places and new things. if you know jared and i at all, you know we are by definition, creatures of habit, and maybe we are missing out on things we don't even know about. this is probably a stretch, but you get the point. i'll keep you posted on our new adventures :)