Wednesday, March 11, 2009

special day

Today I had the honor of going to a luncheon for Life Styles. For those of you that are unfamiliar... this is their mission.
"Life Styles enthusiastically supports individuals with disabilities in achieving their full potential as contributing members of the community."
I have been able to get involved with these great people over the past year or so, through my friend and coworker, Jeannie Moore. Today at the luncheon, she received the "Volunteer of the Year Award"!!! We knew that she was going to be accepting the award, and her mom and sisters had come to town to see her, but she had NO CLUE! Jeannie is one of the most humble, generous, and giving people I know and although she was shocked to be receiving this great award, she truly deserved it! The look on her face was priceless!! Here are some pics from today, they are tiny on here... I didnt have my camera :(
Congrats Jeannie!
Happy Hump Day Everyone!!
slg

No comments: