Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"These are a few of my Favorite Things"

I have seen people post their favorite things and I thought it would be fun to do. I am going to make an ongoing list of "my favorite things" for 2008 and then I will have a great list put together and can revamp it and make a Christmas version. I'll give Oprah a run for her money :)Hopefully they can be great gift ideas or just new things for people to try... they might not all be tangible items, but hopefully ones you will enjoy.
Here are just a few of mine.


The iPhone. I think this is the best thing since sliced bread and I am not normally totally satisfied with my purchases, but this is definitely one of the best things I have ever bought. I love it!! It is so easy to use and very handy. I am obsessed.


Self Magazine. I recently got a subscription to this magazine and I think it's great. I used to search all over Wal Mart each month looking for it and it was hard to find so I got a subscription. I never understood the benefit of getting a subscription vs buying it off the newsstand... $4 a piece compared to $12 a year, what a deal. It isn't one of those silly workout magazines with the weirdest stretches you've ever seen, it is very realistic and has so many good articles. Not just about exercise, but more about balancing your life. If you don't read it, you're missing out :)


Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Lattes- these are my weakness in life. I crave them badly! I go there most mornings and I am basically addicted. I was happy to see that they were labeled a "Good Snack" in a magazine (forget which one). But a neurologist I call on also told me that caffeine is good for the brain. This helps me justify the $3.28 latte ;) Great start to my day!


All the Lost Souls by James Blunt. I love this CD, it is one of the ones that every song on the whole thing is good. I think that most people these days have moved on from Cd's. But if you are behind like I am and don't have XM radio, this is a good one to listen to in the car!

That's all I can think of right now, I will keep adding as I go!

slg

No comments: