Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Super Easy Recipes!

Here are a couple recipes that I make all of the time and they are SO easy and very tasty. I promised Anna I would post them so she can cook for Drew ;) Here they are:
Spinach Dip
  • 1 pkg frozen chopped spinach- its in the freezer section at Wal-Mart and it's a little square pkg- sometimes tricky to find. (thaw for about 3 minutes and drain)
  • 1 can of Rotel (drain)
  • 1 block of cream cheese
  • 1 bag of shredded chese- I like the "Mexican Blend" but anything will work, if you like spicy, try the Monterrey Jack blend
  • 2 tablespoons of Half and Half
  • Throw all of these ingredients into a bowl and microwave for about 5 minutes, until it is all melted. I usually check on it at about 2 mins and stir it all together. Serve with Wheat Thins. Enjoy!

Chicken and Dumplings

  • 1 rotiserie chicken
  • 1 can cream of chicken
  • 1 can cream of mushroom
  • 1/4 C water
  • 1 can of 6 or 8 original biscuits- or butter biscuits, whatever you like
  • Combine the two soups and the water in a tall pot and cook on low for about 20 mins. Keep stirring so it doesn't stick to the bottom.
  • While that's going on the stove, shred the chicken off the rotisserie chicken (I usually only use the white meat off the breasts) into little pieces and set aside.
  • Take the biscuit dough out of the can and split each biscuit in half. So, if you bought 6, you should have 12 thinner pieces of round dough. Take each one and flatten it down with your palm, you should have a round, thin piece of dough when finished.
  • Take each piece of dough and put about a 1/4 cup chicken on it. You want to then crimp the dough around the chicken to make little balls (dumplings). Really, I just estimate on the amount of chicken, just make sure the dough completely covers around the chicken.
  • Lastly, drop all the dumplings down into the pot and cover it for 20 minutes.
  • The soups make an excellent gravy for mashed potatoes if you want to pour the remainder over the dumplings and the potatoes. Yummy!!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi Sarah,
I love the recipes. I am impressed. Good luck with tennis!!

Meredith Woodruff said...

Hey Girl!

I had no idea you had a blog! I love it! I can't believe how big Charlie and Cole have gotten either! Tell your sister I said hi! I would love to get the boys together sometime!

-Meredith

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I was just checking out sweet Sarah Wesley and saw a link to your blog! This is inspiring. I always thought it wasn't cool to blog unless you have kids, but this has changed my perspective. Be looking for a new blogger! I'm pumped!