Sunday, August 17, 2008

Another Wild Weekend!


Sarah, me, Allison and Anna at the wedding Jared and I :)

Molly, me, Anna and Effie
Hanging out on Friday
My nephew, Charlie and I with Anna
The pros!! We look very official!

This weekend was the start of many, many busy weekends to come. This coming weekend I am flying to Detroit for my cousin's wedding and then the most crazy time of our year will begin... Razorback Football!
We had such a good time with our friends this weekend, I get sad when they leave! I am so glad that I will get to see them a lot in the upcoming months for football! Here are a few pics from the weekend.
The DRJ tournament was such a great time! It is so great that everyone was there to play for David and remember all the good times!! We definitely made some great memories there this weekend!! I thought we did so well!! We made it to the finals on Saturday afternoon and then we were defeated!!!! Molly and I really wanted a gold medal but we ended up with silver :) The women we played had the best serves I have ever seen, they kept flying past us!! It makes me laugh out loud writing about it because we really were embarrassed in the beginning. I was so hot and dizzy and trying so hard to concentrate. I kept trying to encourage Molly and it was seriously like we just couldn't pull it together. We kept hitting the ball outside the court or to the court next to us and saying "Sorry, sorry, sorry." If I had a dollar for all the times we said sorry!!! So funny! It really made me want to get better at tennis... maybe we will get really good over the next year and take the gold in 2009!!
The wedding Saturday night was so beautiful and Bethany and Adam were so happy! I am so excited for them! Congrats Bethany and Adam!
I got caught up on the usual things today and went shopping with my sister, we had a lovely afternoon! Jared taught me how to play Risk tonight and even though he claimed to be really good and I had never played, I won! :) Now we are off to bed to watch the Olympics.
Whatever will we do when the Olympics are over???!
Hope that everyone has a great week!

slg

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Sounds like the tennis match was so fun... I need to get into it! you guys are inspiring me! Too bad I have NO idea how to play. Little Charlie is getting so big! We need a playdate!!